Saturday, December 5, 2009

End of Week 1

So, It's exactly a week since I wrote my beginning blog, and even though I officially started my challenge on Tuesday (I think I actually started on Saturday last week), I couldn't wait until then to see how I am doing.  I just got off the scale and.....253!!!!!  I have lost my first pound!!!!!   YEAH!!!!!

Week one has been challenging.  Finding time to exercise has been tough, so I haven't done it 5 times this week, just twice.  For week two, I would like to make it up to 3-4 times with my final goal of 5 times by week three.  Also, the temptation by fast food restaurants and soda have been fierce, but I have survived.  I did break during my 4th Grade Class's Pizza Party Friday, but I only had two slices of pizza and I stayed away from the chips and cookies.  I also went to a neighbors apartment tonight and I didn't partake in the late night snacks or wine.  I told them what I was doing and Robert, a personal trainer, said he would help too!!!

Grocery shopping had been fun.  I am exploring foods I haven't before which I am sure would make my old roomies happy!!  I cleared out my entire refrigerator and restocked it for healthy foods.  I am going to try to cook on Sundays so all I have to do during the week is heat things up.  I find myself not feeling like cooking when I get home, so I think that this will be helpful!!

Thank you to everyone who is encouraging me!!!  I love it and I really think it is helping me achieve what I want out of it!!!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

FYI- I threw out my slim-fast because of the recall, and will be getting up earlier to eat a bowl of cereal and a banana.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure that you'll get to your personal goal and look great. I know it's kinda hard to find the time for excercising, but after 3 weeks you just get so used to do it and find the time even if you don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing the first pound is totally exciting. Yay for throwing out the Slim Fast and eating a real breakfast! I know you were never a fan of breakfast, so this is a big step for you! Cereal, banana and apple juice is my usual breakfast, though I also add another carb serving at breakfast when I can. I discovered I actually needed more calories at breakfast to keep me satiated until lunch.

    ReplyDelete