Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 1, Day 1 & 2

Ok, so I have officially began my weight loss program.  So far so good!!!  I haven't drank a soda or gotten fast food (although there are cravings that I am really trying to keep in check :) ).  I am taking my lunch to school every day and drinking a slim fast for breakfast.  I am also eating two small snacks.

To monitor my protein, fat, calories, and carb intake, I am using a website: http://www.sparkpeople.com.  It's a cool website and one of my LANCE roommates turned me on to it last year.  You can go on, tell them how much you weigh, what you want to loose, and due date by which you want to loose the weight by.  It tells you how many calories, fat, carbs, and proteins you need to eat daily in order to keep on track.  I can go in and input what I ate and it calculates it all for you!!!  Pretty cool!!!

I have exercised once already!!  I am using Zumba and very grateful that my dog Pebbles is the only one watching me do all the dance moves!!  Pretty sure I would be completely embarrassed if I was anywhere else doing it.  I wish I had a Wii Fit so I could do the hula-hoop and yoga aspects.  I really love it.

So, I am off to a great start and hope that it continues to go well.  I plan on weighing once a week, so when I do, I'll let y'all know how well I am doing!!  Thanks for all your support and encouragement!!

~Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Go Shannon Go! I loves the sparkpeople. I haven't used it much lately. Now I only use it when I put on a few extra pounds. But yeah, it taught me so much! I'm still using some of the lessons I learned from them (especially serving sizes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exciting to see you starting a healthier routine! Keep up the good work.
    Keep dropping hints for a wii fit, Christmas is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers. I gave up eating extra stuff togive you the strength to resist snacking on the bad stuff. Water and exercise...um, um, good. Love and prayers, Honey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work! I'm praying for ya! Yay Zumba! ~Cara

    ReplyDelete